Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blasphemous Rumours

The rumors are true! Bienvenue and welcome to installment one of NEP a.k.a. The N.E.P! After some virtual prodding by one Acree Graham, I decided to start my own blah-g. My previous attempts at blogging (via Livejournal) were merely the result of a post-teen adolescent phase, as described in Clueless. The following is an excerpt from said blog:

New Orleans is dying.
The Chief Justice is dead.
The Western world is wearing a new dress.
It's black instead.

Red stripes of blood and futility and enemies that don't exist,
Are trickling down through the holes in Reagan's fists.
(But don't worry; he won't remember.)
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
Die and sweeten the dirt for the next generation of ignorant youth.
We need a revolution.
But that would violate our patriotism.
Protect us from ourselves.
That is what you do best.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from secularism.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory,
For ever.

Amen

In case you're wondering--no, this was not the worst entry; far from it actually. Needless to say any second attempt at blogging by yours truly could only qualify as improvement. Before I begin though, a few disclaimers:

1. I don't watch Gossip Girl.

2. I really really like cats. Sometimes I like to pretend I am a cat.

3. I am kind of an asshole. This is not my fault.

4. I do not claim to be a talented writer in any sense except that I am extremely witty and intelligent. Punctuation, grammar, etc., however, are not my strengths.

5. I don't watch Gossip Girl. I really can't stress this enough. I don't like or dislike the show since I've never seen an episode. I just don't watch it. I hope my readers [read: Acree] will not hold this against me. Indeed, there is nothing vintage or sincere about this blah-g.

If after you have read and agreed to the above terms of literary abuse, I have just one question--are you feeling NEPPY?

4 comments: