Fey, that is. I know award shows suck and make Acree (and possibly others) want to bang her head against a wall; but this one was...well I can't say it was different since the last televised award ceremony I watched was the 1998 MTV Video Awards. I can say, however, that the people that actually seemed to deserve props, got their propers last night. Everyone knows Kate Winslet is a good actress. Why not give her an award for it? Slumdog Millionaire also had a deservedly big night with like twenty-three wins in a hundred categories or something (QUOTE ME. I DARE YOU.) Heath Ledger's win was no surprise, but it still felt right. Okay, okay, enough of the mushy-like-the-heart-of-a-cooked-artichoke stuff. Just when I thought there was a limit to the awesomeness of Tina Fey, last night she used her acceptance speech to tell off some jerks who talk shit about her online.
[here is where i would post the video of her acceptance speech if it had not been taken off the internet. WTF?]
Anyway, here's the transcript.
"I want to say thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press. I'll always love the Hollywood Foreign Press and have all the Hollywood Foreign Press action figures. Thank you, Will Arnett, for that joke. But I want you to really know how lucky I am to have the year I've had this year and, if you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet! You can find a lot of people there who don't like you! I'd like to address some of them now! BabsonLacrosse, you can suck it. DianeFan, you can suck it. Cougar Letter, you can really suck it 'cause you've been after me all year. And to my husband, Jeff....I love you. Thank you very much! "
armchair work
16 years ago
Tina Fey is the pinnacle of awesomeness from which we measure everything else.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate her allowing Tracy Morgan to give the acceptance speech for Best Comedy Show no matter how incoherent he was.
i'm glad you agree, ben.
ReplyDelete"Compared to Tina Fey, this cup of coffee is...eh, alright."
According to the statistics on Non-Euclidean Pornography, "Slumdog Millionaire also had a deservedly big night with like twenty-three wins in a hundred categories or something."
ReplyDelete